2008年5月20日星期二

painting idea

painting idea
His attendants perceiving that he was awake, one of them asked his pleasure concerning the Lord Chancellor, who was waiting without.
"Admit him, admit him!" exclaimed the king eagerly.
The Lord Chancellor entered, and knelt by the king's couch, saying:
"I have given order, and, according to the king's command, the peers of the realm, in their robes, do now stand at the bar of the House, where, having confirmed the Duke of Norfolk's doom, they humbly wait his majesty's further pleasure in the matter."
The king's face lit up with a fierce joy. Said he:
"Lift me up! In mine own person will I go before my Parliament, and with mine own hand will I seal the warrant that rids me of-"
His voice failed; an ashen pallor swept the flush from his cheeks; and the attendants eased him back upon his pillows, and hurriedly assisted him with restoratives. Presently he said sorrowfully:

没有评论: