2008年6月14日星期六

John William Waterhouse The Lady of Shalott painting

John William Waterhouse The Lady of Shalott painting
John Singer Sargent Two Women Asleep in a Punt under the Willows painting
Why, how now, Kate! I hope thou art not mad:This is a man, old, wrinkled, faded, wither'd,And not a maiden, as thou say'st he is.
KATHARINA
Pardon, old father, my mistaking eyes,That have been so bedazzled with the sunThat everything I look on seemeth green:Now I perceive thou art a reverend father;Pardon, I pray thee, for my mad mistaking.
PETRUCHIO
Do, good old grandsire; and withal make knownWhich way thou travellest: if along with us,We shall be joyful of thy company.
VINCENTIO
Fair sir, and you my merry mistress,That with your strange encounter much amazed meMy name is call'd Vincentio; my dwelling Pisa;And bound I am to Padua; there to visitA son of mine, which long I have not seen.
PETRUCHIO
What is his name?
VINCENTIO
Lucentio, gentle sir.

没有评论: