2008年7月7日星期一

Amedeo Modigliani the Seated Nude painting

Amedeo Modigliani the Seated Nude painting
Gustav Klimt lady with fan painting
handsome. Nine nights out of ten I can easily outshine you. The tenth you blossom out suddenly into something that eclipses me altogether. How do you manage it?"
"It's the dress, dear. Fine feathers."
"`Tisn't. The last evening you flamed out into beauty you wore your old blue flannel shirtwaist that Mrs. Lynde made you. If Roy hadn't already lost head and heart about you he certainly would tonight. But I don't like orchids on you, Anne. No; it isn't jealousy. Orchids don't seem to BELONG to you. They're too exotic -- too tropical -- too insolent. Don't put them in your hair, anyway."
"Well, I won't. I admit I'm not fond of orchids myself. I don't think they're related to me. Roy doesn't often send them -- he knows I like flowers I can live with. Orchids are only things you can visit with."
"Jonas sent me some dear pink rosebuds for the evening -- but -- he isn't coming himself. He said he had to lead a prayer-meeting in the slums! I don't believe he wanted to come. Anne, I'm horribly afraid Jonas doesn't really care anything about me. And I'm trying to decide whether I'll pine away and die, or go on and get my B.A. and be sensible and useful."

没有评论: