2008年10月5日星期日

Rembrandt The Abduction Of Ganymede painting

Rembrandt The Abduction Of Ganymede paintingRembrandt Saskia As Flora paintingRembrandt Samson And Delilah painting
tonight in the smoking-room for all the good sailors. He asked me to bring my husband.’ ‘Are we going?’
‘Of course...I wonder if I ought to feel like the lady our friend met on the way to Barcelona. I don’t, Charles not a bit.’
There were eighteen people at the ‘get-together party’; we had nothing in common except immunity from seasickness. We drank champagne, and presently our host said:
‘Tell you what, I’ve got a roulette wheel. Trouble is we can’t go to my cabin on account of the wife, and we aren’t allowed to play in public.’
So the party adjourned to my sitting-room and we played for low stakes until late into the night, when Julia left and our host had drunk too much wine to be surprised that she and I were not in the same quarters. When all but he had gone, he fell asleep in his chair, and I left him there. It was the last I saw of him, for later - so the steward told me when he came from returning

没有评论: