2008年12月22日星期一

Gockel Sailing the Caribbean II

Gockel Sailing the Caribbean IIGockel Sailing the Caribbean IGockel Rustic Flower Collage IIGockel Rustic Flower Collage I
for this short a trip, with the air this calm.”The blimp’s twin can-mounted propeller fans, slung from the back of the gondola, were , it could fry us in the gondola.”“The storm’s winding down. No lightning,” Corky observed.“There was lightning earlier today.”“Only a little. I told you, Trotter, we in government control the storm. When we want lightning, usually driven by a riding-lawnmower engine. The turning blades produced an acceptably soft sound, but the engine racket made stealthy travel impossible.“With little or no headwind,” Trotter said, “I can run two hours on batteries, maybe longer. But I hate this rain.”“It’s just a light drizzle now.”“Lightning,” Trotter said. “The thought of lightning makes my bowels loose, and it ought to do the same to yours.”“It’s inflated with helium, isn’t it?” Corky asked, indicating three discarded cylinders of compressed gas, each the size of a hospital oxygen tank. “The Hindenburg was hydrogen. I thought helium didn’t explode.”“I’m not worried about an explosion. I’m worried about being struck by lightning! Even if lightning doesn’t rupture the bag and set it afire

没有评论: