2008年7月4日星期五

Avtandil The Grand Opera painting

Avtandil The Grand Opera painting
Eugene de Blaas In the Water painting
thing, and I am VERY extravagant. Oh, no, my husband must have heaps of money. So that narrowed them down to two. But I couldn't decide between two any easier than between two hundred. I knew perfectly well that whichever one I chose I'd regret all my life that I hadn't married the other."
"Didn't you -- love -- either of them?" asked Anne, a little hesitatingly. It was not easy for her to speak to a stranger of the great mystery and transformation of life.
"Goodness, no. _I_ couldn't love anybody. It isn't in me. Besides I wouldn't want to. Being in love makes you a perfect slave, _I_ think. And it would give a man such power to hurt you. I'd be afraid. No, no, Alec and Alonzo are two dear boys, and I like them both so much that I really don't know which I like the better. That is the trouble. Alec is the best looking, of course, and I simply couldn't marry a man who wasn't handsome. He is good-tempered

没有评论: