2008年8月24日星期日

Pierre Auguste Renoir Two Sisters (On the Terrace) painting

Pierre Auguste Renoir Two Sisters (On the Terrace) paintingPierre Auguste Renoir The Umbrellas paintingPierre Auguste Renoir Sleeping Girl painting
I admitted cheerfully that I didn't have the least idea whether my attitude was proper for a Grand Tutor; but I added (the notion having just occurred to me): "It must be all right, though, come to think of it -- since it'smy attitude, and I'm the Grand Tutor."
"Well said!" Stoker let go the handlebars again to clap his hands, and Anastasia clawed at my arm.
"Besides," I said, "if I'm not mistaken, you like it too."
"I donot !"
Stoker shook a finger at her. "Don't argue with the Grand Tutor, dear: you're only a Graduate. Hey, George, is she really a Graduate?"
I considered her frowning face. Despite the racket and wild motion I sensed a good peculiar power in myself: a clarity of muscle, a tonus of thought, such as I'd rarely or never known. "She may not actually have Commencèd yet, as Max thinks. I haven't learned enough to tell. But I'm sure she must be a Candidate. . ."
My last words were lost on Stoker, who coming to a crossroads marked by direction-signs skidded to a halt and sprang off the motorcycle. Anastasia however was moved enough to lower her eyes, ignoring the riotous action before us. Stoker's

没有评论: