2008年8月25日星期一

Mark Rothko Orange and Yellow painting

Mark Rothko Orange and Yellow paintingWassily Kandinsky Improvisation paintingVincent van Gogh The Sower painting
"Now you take me," he invited us again above the engine-noise, and grasped his own shirt-front as before. "Me, I'm no smarter nor stupider than the next fellow; I had to work hard for everything I got --"
"Which is plenty," Max put in. Peter Greene agreed with a laugh that he was not the poorest man on the campus, yet denied he was the richest, that distinction belonging to Ira Hector -- for whom, when all was said and done, he had a grudging admiration. "Despite some say he's a Moishian. . ."
"Mr. Greene!" I protested.
He winked and cocked his head. "Now, don't get het up; I don't hold it against him if he is! And I guess I thinkReggie Hector's about the greatest man in New Tammany."
Max closed his eyes.
"But what I was saying," Greene went on, "I don't mean to boast, now, but what I figure --By jingo, I'm okay!" He bobbed his head sharply. "When all's said and done! If I do say so myself!"
I begged his pardon.
"I figure I'm passèd because good old NTC is passèd," he said. "The passèdest doggone in the doggone University!"

没有评论: