2008年10月23日星期四

Daniel Ridgway Knight Waiting painting

Daniel Ridgway Knight Waiting paintingSteve Hanks View from the Balcony paintingSteve Hanks Silver Strand painting
was going to be the Almighty God that has been prophesied, not I. He said…"
"That's all right. Grandmother. You'll have the laugh of him in the end. When you're the Queen of Heaven and he's being slowly broken on an eternal wheel by Minos's men in Hell…"
"And to think that I ever called you a fool," she said. "I'm going now, Claudius. Close my eyes and put the coin in my mouth that you'll find under the pillow. The Ferryman will recognize it. He'll pay proper respect…"
Then she died and I closed her eyes and put the coin in her mouth. It was a gold coin of a type I had never seen before, with Augustus's head and her own facing each other, on the obverse, and a triumphant chariot on the reverse.
Nothing had been said between us about Tiberius. I soon heard that he had been warned about her condition in plenty of time to pay her the last offices. He now wrote to the Senate excusing himself for not

没有评论: